Join the Team
LOW-VOLTAGE Fire Alarm Tech
Job Title: Fire Alarm System Technician
Accountable and reports to: Security Service Manager and Assistant Service Manager
Positions that report to you: None
Travel: 100% in the 8-state area
- Manage and maintain fire alarm systems throughout Hy-Vee properties by thoroughly testing systems on required schedule.
- Assists the Security Service Manager and/or Lead Technician with project planning, installation and service.
- Promotes safe work environment by following our safety guidelines.
- Demonstrates good independent judgment and fiscal responsibility.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with good interpersonal skills.
- Reports to work on time and adheres to company policies and guidelines.
- Flexibility to deal with varying workload requirements, frequent changes, delays and/or unexpected events.
- Consistently meets established quality standards.
- Continue to develop technical and analytical skills by working with customers, attending training and engaging in continuing education.
- Maintains tools, equipment and material inventories for assigned projects.
- Present a professional image to the client.
- Must be comfortable working at various elevations using a ladder and/or man-lift.
- Be available for rotating weekend on-call service with other technicians.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
Must have and maintain a NICET II license. Similar or related work experience is preferred.
Proficient use of I-pad and laptop computer with Microsoft Office, Man-Lift, hand tools.
- Ability to pass a DOT Physical/Drug Screen, Physical Capacity Placement test and continue to hold a DOT Class C license certification.
- This is considered a skilled position. This position is considered Level 3.5 according to the Department of Labor Weight Classifications with the primary functions being heavy lifting in nature. Frequent to constant lifting, carrying, kneeling, stooping, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching, pushing and pulling.
Busy atmosphere in an operational store or on a construction jobsite with frequent interruptions.
Important Disclaimer Notice: The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not an exhaustive list of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. A+ Communications & Security reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances and or conditions of business, competitive considerations or the work environment change.
How to Apply
5609 N.E. 22nd Street
Des Moines, IA 50313
5605 N.E. 22nd Street
Des Moines, Iowa 50313