Join the Team
LOW-VOLTAGE Security Technician
The following partial job description explains this full-time Monday through Friday, position at A+ Communications & Security, 5609 NE 22nd Street, Des Moines, IA 50313
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF JOB DUTIES:
This Technician assists the Lead Technician or Service Manager in project planning, installation, service and training of communication systems. This position requires 100% travel in the 8-state Hy-Vee area.
PRIMARY COMMUNICATION TECHNICIAN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and manage safety hazards related to the general public as well as maintaining project safety in accordance with specified safety guidelines.
- Perform work accurately.
- Thoroughly test systems prior to turn-over to the client for first time use.
- Continue to develop technical and analytical skills by working with customers, attending training and reading product manuals.
- Maintain and protect all tools, equipment and material for assigned projects.
- Present a professional image to the client.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Must be familiar and comfortable working at various elevations using a ladder and/or man-lift.
- Pass a DOT Physical/Drug Screen and continue to hold a DOT Class C license certification.
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM JOB:
Proficient use of IPad and laptop computer with Microsoft Office, Man-Lift, employee-supplied hand tools.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
High School or equivalent experience is required. Industry related college degree is preferred but not required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
One year of similar or related work experience.
Anyone interested and meet the qualifications can visit with Theresa Shivvers for more information about the job at 515-645-2303. Submit resumes and cover letters by e-mail or mail to Theresa Shivvers at [email protected] or 5605 NE 22nd Street, Des Moines, IA 50313.
How to Apply
5609 N.E. 22nd Street
Des Moines, IA 50313
5605 N.E. 22nd Street
Des Moines, Iowa 50313