Join the Team
Commercial AV Technician
Accountable and reports to: Commercial A/V Service Manager
Positions that report to you: None
Travel: 100% in the 8-state area
SUMMARY: The Commercial Audio Video Technician installs and services all aspects of audio video equipment including TV’s, digital menu boards, large venue speakers, background music, sound masking, production equipment, video conferencing equipment and more.
- Identify and manage safety hazards related to the general public as well as maintaining project safety in accordance with specified safety guidelines.
- Deciphers blueprints to determine cabling pathways, elevation heights, and coordinates with other trades on the project.
- Pulls and terminates a variety of low voltage cabling
- Completes Rack layout and fabrication
- Assists the A/V Service Manager with project planning, installation and service.
- Demonstrates independent judgment and fiscal responsibility.
- Communicates effectively; interacts well and builds trust with the project team, leadership, subs/suppliers; and demonstrates a sense of teamwork.
- Takes the initiative to communicate and improve the company procedures and processes. Deals effectively with varying workload requirements, frequent changes, delays and/or unexpected events.
- Consistently meets established quality standards.
- Thoroughly test systems prior to turn-over to the client for first time use.
- Continue to develop technical and analytical skills by working with customers, attending training and reading product manuals.
- Maintain and protect all tools, equipment and material for assigned projects.
- Reports to work on time, adheres to company policies and guidelines and presents a professional image to the client.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
High School or equivalent is required. Similar or related work experience is preferred but not required.
Hire contingent on passing a DOT Physical/Drug Screen and continue to hold a DOT Class C license certification
Proficient use of I-pad and laptop computer with Microsoft Office, Man-Lift, employee-supplied hand tools.
Frequent to constant lifting, carrying, kneeling, stooping, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching, pushing and pulling. Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Must be familiar and comfortable working at various elevations using a ladder and/or man-lift. Some night and weekend work.
Busy atmosphere in an operational store or in a construction environment/ jobsite with frequent interruption. Frequent duties require working at heights of 20 feet and above from a scissor lift or extension ladder.
Important Disclaimer Notice: The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not an exhaustive list of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. A+ Communications & Security reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances and or conditions of business, competitive considerations or the work environment change.
How to Apply
5609 N.E. 22nd Street
Des Moines, IA 50313
5605 N.E. 22nd Street
Des Moines, Iowa 50313