Low-Voltage A/V, Communications & Security Technician
Date Posted: 6/26/2019
Location: A+ Communications
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Accountable and reports to: Service Manager
Positions that report to you: None
Travel: 100% in the 8-state area
1. Identify and manage safety hazards related to the general public as well as maintaining project safety in accordance with specified safety guidelines.
2. Assists the Security Service Manager and/or Lead Technician with project planning, installation and service.
3. Demonstrates independent judgment and fiscal responsibility.
4. Communicates effectively; interacts well and builds trust with the project team, leadership, subs/suppliers; and demonstrates a sense of teamwork.
5. Reports to work on time and adheres to company policies and guidelines.
6. Takes the initiative to communicate and improve the company procedures and processes. Deals effectively with varying workload requirements, frequent changes, delays and/or unexpected events.
7. Consistently meets established quality standards.
8. Thoroughly test systems prior to turn-over to the client for first time use.
9. Continue to develop technical and analytical skills by working with customers, attending training and reading product manuals.
10. Maintain and protect all tools, equipment and material for assigned projects.
11. Present a professional image to the client.
12.100% travel in the 8-state Hy-Vee area.
13. Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
14. Must be familiar and comfortable working at various elevations using a ladder and/or man-lift.
15. Pass a DOT Physical/Drug Screen and continue to hold a DOT Class C license certification.
1. Be available for rotating weekend on-call service with other technicians.
2. Other duties as assigned by Management.
High School or equivalent is required. Similar or related work experience is preferred but not required. Must be able to pass and continue to hold a NICET I license during the first year of employment.
Proficient use of I-pad and laptop computer with Microsoft Office, Man-Lift, employee-supplied hand tools.
This is considered a skilled position. This position is considered Level 4 – Heavy Work according to the Department of Labor Weight Classifications with the primary functions being heavy lifting in nature. Frequent to constant lifting, carrying, kneeling, stooping, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching, pushing and pulling.
Busy atmosphere in an operational store or on a construction jobsite with frequent interruptions.
Important Disclaimer Notice: The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not an exhaustive list of the tasks that and employee may be required to perform. A+ Communications & Security reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances and or conditions of business, competitive considerations or the work environment change.